Question about the computer above the radio

SCbandaid

My little computer display with the low coolant, low gas, and all that shorted out... the car runs perfect without it.....should i try to pick up a new one or should i just not even worry about it?

thanks
Nate

That's the VMM

It's the Vehicle Maintenance Monitor. You can find'em on E-bay sometimes. Or find somebody who has one in a car that they are parting out. I don't know if they are still avail from Ford or not. I know that they were quite expensive when Ford did have them.

68COUGAR

Yes

The VMM was optional. On non-VMM equiped cars there was a block off panel. It has the same finned appearance as the surrounding dash.

They are already scarce, because just like you, people 86 a dead VMM & replace it with the block off panel. Occassionally they do show up on E-bay though. Your best bet to find one, would be from somebody who is parting out an SC/XR-7. Supercoupeperformance sometimes have them, but they always go quickly.

68COUGAR

vmm delete

you might still be able to get that 'delete' panel from ford, have you tried that? cuz it's not only SC's, but all Tirds that had either the VMM or the delete panel. i got mine from a buddy's wrecked SC parts car. all the used VMM's i found were messed up just like mine and the dealer wanted somewhere around $300 for a new VMM...... i was thinking about making a small mount somehow to stick a voltmeter in that spot maybe since ford seems to have forgoten that particular gauge..........but the delete panel was easier if you can find one!

If you want to try Ford....

Part number I have for the VMM delete panel (89-93) is: E9SB-63044F58-AB

That might be an engineering #, so hopefully Fast Ed can verify for us!

You are correct George, that is the engineering I.D. # for the delete panel. Service part number is E9SZ 63044F58 A, but it now shows as discontinued.

When I check on www.partsvoice.com , a few dealers are still showing it on the shelf.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back