Valve Cover gasket, what needs to come off???

fastsc92

My drives side gasket is leaking a little and i might as well get it fixed now when most of the car is apart. What do i need to take off to get at it. The passenger sides looks easy enough, but the drivers side looks like it'll be a pain. Any tips on what i should take off to get the cover off?

well, now im about to do the same job. i was hoping to find an easy way out by checking these boards, some good that did. anyway, when i find out how to do it the easiest way, ill let you know. even though you have probably already done the job.

The easiest would be to remove the supercharger, upper intercooler tube and return inlet. Once you learn how to take off the supercharger, it is not too big of a job later down the road. The supercharger can be removed with the throttle body attached. Remove the SC top with the upper intercooler tube. Remember to unhook and label the vacuum hoses. Seal surfaces with RTV sealant.

Some have had success from just removing the throttle body and return plenum, but it is a tight fit to get the valve cover on/off.

These are some of the major points in getting to the valve covers.

Here are some threads:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9107&highlight=valve+cover

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7006&highlight=valve+cover

hey guys i just done mine today it toke me about an hour to get it done. i toke off the superchargerboth tubes off the innercooler and the rear intake tube on the back. that was all i toke off. it is not all that bad to do it is just diffacalt to get to some of the bolts. but i think it was a really easy job to do i had a friend of mine tell me that it could not be done in a day but i showed him. i drove over after i got it done and whipped up on his grand prix. well if you have any ? just ask

hey, i just did mine and it took me about 4 hours, with taking brakes here and there. all i removed was the upper and lower ic tubes, alternator, and coil pack. it was a bit of a chore to get the valve cover out but you just gotta move it around gently.

Back