What is the widest tires (front and rear) on 93SC w/ PWO 17x9 Cobra Rs

Mike Manzo

Hello,

I am summer tire shopping and wanted to know if I could go wider on my 93 than I had on my 94 with my Cobra Rs

I have the 17x9 Cobra R replicas and right now I have 245/45/17 on the front and 275/40/17s on the rear.

I was wondering what I could get that would be wider on the front and could I possibly squeeze 285s in the rear..

Just curious...

Thanks!

That's all the wider your going to want to go with those wheels on the 93+ spindles. That is the same combo that I have. The front ones actually rubbed when I turned it sharp, so I had to install 3mm spacers.

Thomas

I have 255-45's and 285-40's on my 94 with no spacers. I only rub in the rear on large bumps but if I put a couple psi in my airbags it stops it.

SCme94 said:
I have 255-45's and 285-40's on my 94 with no spacers. I only rub in the rear on large bumps but if I put a couple psi in my airbags it stops it.

Your Rides are sweet man. I love the 94!! I am thinkin about puttin 17x9's on my car and was wondering if u have a side view of ur ride i could see. If not its cool but my email is SupaCpe94@yahoo.com Thanks so much

Jayson

i have 17x9 niche's with 255/45zr17 front and 285/40zr17 on back with no problems. i have seen someone on this site before with 315/35 17's, don't know if they used spacers or not.i have a 90 sc.mine have never rubbed
joe

What about lowered cars and rubbing...

I am a little worried about dropping my car and having the tires rub.

Right now I can hit a big dip in the road and I hear a little quick rubbing from the rear and I was worried that unless I made everything REALLY (excessively) stiff, this would be even more of a problem...

Thanks..

Oh, and I thought that it was 94+ spindles...Looks like I need the spacers for the rims anyway (the Cobra Rs are meant for my 1993 SC)

THANKS!

would I need spacers on a 90 SC if I go to the Cobra R wheels? I'm still debating on wether or not to go to the larger rims. I'm going to upgrade the brakes for my bird, but not sure if I need to. I'm probably going to be pushing about 400 Horse by the time that I am done with all of the mods that I am planning.

Wouuld the larger wheels be of benefit?

your car will feel like it's on rails if you put 17's , nice wide tires,sway bar bushings,and lowering springs.
joe

Does the lug pattern of the Cobra Rims match that of the T-bird? I'm looking at getting a set of 4 Cobra R 17x9 rims, and I don't want to get "screwed" in finding out that there is a special bolt pattern required.

Thanks

Back