miss/rough idle/ overheating

turboken

last night, i ran my gas tank down lower than i've ever seen it before. I got in the car to go get gas, and it idled funny. consistant idle, but it felt rough. same today, but once it warms up, it WARMS up. up to the M in NORM and slightly farther. I havent checked the oil or water since. letting it cool. This was after no fooling around (seriously). plugs+wires? Head gasket??? any suggestions please!!!

Change your fuel filter, most likely you got all of the **** out of the bottom of the tank sucked into it. So change it then run some good fuel system cleaner through it. If that doesnt fix it come back and let us know
Good luck

i am going to do a radiatior pressure check, fuel filter, and check my plugs(if i had money, id do plugs and wires). And it got hot because in the week since i checked my radiator, abour 3/4 gallon has disappeared. It has never dripped on the ground either. Ill keep ya posted. Definetly sounds like a head gasket to me. How much does FORD (fukkin overpriced repair dikkheads) charge for a headgasket replacement. Not dissin' fords, just the ford houses (my 2 local dealerships will never again see my TurboCoupe and will prob never see my SC due to abosolutely awful work they did).

You'll probably have a heart attack if you call a "ford house" you are looking at about 2k. The parts to do this job are like 200 bucks max. Auto zone sells a head gasket rebuild set for 90$ that includes all the gaskets you need, exhaust,intake.ect... Then i would pick up some ARP studs and check your motor mounts while you have it torn down, you will have everything off you might as well do those too. If you are mechanically inclined it will take you a full weekend or so. tools needed are; 8mm,10mm,13mm,15mm wrenches and sockets,torx head, swivel head for the damn powersteering mounts. some extensions(mainly for the passenger side exhaust to manifold bolts) and a torque wrench, It's pretty easy to do just time consuming...Bill

well, it is a head gasket ( shut car off and it depressurized the radiator through the intake tube/airfilter and blew oil out of the dipstick tube. my ford hookup said 200 dollars for parts, and about 12 hours (700-800) of labor. damn this sucks. If only me and my dad didn't have an RV to fix by Christmas and other projects on the "Honey Do" list. thanks for hyour help guys

Back