head gaskets

mikefe

looking for any advice on the BEST head gaskets on the market for my 93 sc and oppinions on o ring the block running 9:5 1 comp and a 40 over

i personally think fel-pro is the best, they make a head gasket for "o" ringed blocks called loc-wire, as for the compression, i don't know but i always thought with boost you want it as low as possible.
joe

I like the 4.2 liter late model truck engine gaskets. They do require decking the block and heads smoother than stock.
They are multi layered stainless steel and ceramic coated.

If your raising the compression that high you will also need some ARP head studs. Several cars with over 300 rwhp are using these gaskets. The only problems I'm aware of were related to poor surface condition (not freshly decked) or improper torque.

Here is what they look like.

headgasket110102.jpg

David

You could always go copper

SCE makes copper gaskets for our blocks. They work well with o-ringing the block and won't blow for nothing we can throw at them. May cause a little seepage of coolant though, some seal better than others but expect a little because the major seal is on the cylinders not around the water jackets, just use a good amount of spray on orange silicone to help out with that.

Back