just now/stutter,check engine light?

gardenasc

:( emergency - i was just on my way to the gym approx 930pm (pacific standard time) and the check engine light came on , then the car had no power as if a spark plug was loose . i popped the hood and pushed on the plugs , but nothing else happened and no change. it's like the car is stuttering with no power, could this be the head gasket or would my car not be driveable at all if it was . if it isn't that what could it possibily be? i don't know much about my car, help please e-mail me at www.travmitchell123@aol.com :

could be DIS, could be dat...

run the codes, sounds like a bad DIS module, my sc would throw codes when the dis would crap out intermittantly, and when it was not running right it would studder, and accelerate like a 4 banger and idle at like 300rpm.....

btw a bad dis can throw a code for a faulty coil pack since the coil pack gets its signal from the dis.

a headgasket wont cause a check engine light, it will overheat cause a check gauges (or on an 89-91 a check gages :rolleyes: ) light.

cool

thats a releif it's not the head gasketr i had no choice but to take it to the dealer down the street cause it was the closest place they will run a diagnostic check (89 bucks) and call with the results i hope it's something small- dis module? is that expensive?

cool

thats a releif it's not the head gasketr i had no choice but to take it to the dealer down the street cause it was the closest place they will run a diagnostic check (89 bucks) and call with the results i hope it's something small- dis module? is that expensive?

DIS is around $200 +/- (actually it might be cheaper, mine was $220 at the height of the 2000 dis shortage)

just be glad it failed now and not back then, there were 4000+ people on backorder for one, i got lucky and found mine at a parts store in BFE indiana....

i think they are maybe $150 now.

i hope so, ive damn near fixed everything on the car , it reaLLy is a burn whenn your constanly fixing things

definatley DIS

i had the same problem with mine...i changed the plugs, wires, coil, and finally got an idea to change DIS. its been working beautifully since. i got my DIS from advance auto parts for i think it was $112-\+, and i got a military discount :) .....dont be alarmed if it isnt motorcraft, ive had mine in for like 2 months, and no problems yet......

Back