**CONVICTED** (speeding)

Bill McNeil

For those of you who remember that fine day back in June when I was going 153km/h on the 401 coming home from St. Thomas, you might also remember the court date being last Wednesday.

Anyway, they lowered the speeding to 129 km/h and 3 points.

It has taken me exactly 3 years to establish a perfect driving record, and now I have another 3 years to pay for this one stupid ticket.

...Pretty soon one of us is going to have to drive the tow vehicle just so Bill can run the car down the 1/4 mile, since he won't be able to afford insurance to actually drive the thing on the street!!! :p

Bill,

Maybe your next mod should be a governor?! ...Something that wouldn't allow you anything more than 1/2 throttle maybe? I'm sure we could rig something up. :D

...Ya know I luv ya, right?!

Yours truly,

Sean

Bill maybe you should drive on the shoulder all time,,,,,,,,you know, in one of those John deer thingies. Green would suit you buddy.

Pray you don't lose too much.....I think the dreaded interview comes at 9 points.

Last year I got caught doing 173km/h on the DVP, all I can say is thank god for "POINTS";)

Last edited:
Actually Steve, I'm glad you mentioned the dreaded "interview".

I think I would actually enjoy participating in one of those interviews, just because I know how to handle myself, and I don't think they would get what the expect from most people with 9 or more points.

Under certain conditions they ask about the vehicle you drive, but in this case, it isn't the Thunderbird that is the problem.

Ed is right though, a 4.6L T-Bird would slow me down enough.

You might be a very good talker but those sessions are not for bargining, they basically tell you that you are on very thin ice and if you keep it up...........you will need a TTC pass:)

I agree. I'm up for a little interrigation, as long as I et to DRIVE away from the situation.

I can keep it up just fine, what are you implying Pathay? :rolleyes:

I had one of those interviews when I went from 7 points to 17 over a summer. They don't care what you have to say. I guess I had an extenuating circumstance. I received the letter for the interview after I was at 17 points. Damn Camaro SS!!

Bill, if you want to find out what it's like, do a little research on:
a) The Inquisition
b) Marquis de Sade
c) Salem Massachusettes

See a Priest/Minister beforehand.
Don't admit to anything you did not do.
Never squeal on fellow SC owners.

Good luck buddy.

I too had to go for "the interview"... this was about 13 years ago, but it's probably the same routine today as it was then.

When you check in they make you surrender your licence before the meeting begins. Whether or not you get it back depends on the points accumulated, the severity of the infractions and your attitude.

DO expect to get yelled at. These people realize you're already nervous about the possibility of losing your licence so they use all the psychological tricks to make you reveal your true nature. :eek:

DON'T lie about anything they have records or information on (such as further pending infractions). Expect them to test your "honesty" with questions they already know the answers to.

Believe me Bill, these "meetings" are something you should avoid if possible. Don't take the guys' warnings lightly.

wow, all I can say is that I'm glad I live in B.C. where the whole judicial system is so lax that your best bet to become a multi-millionaire is to start a marijuana business. haha, no really though, I would think that this whole meeting business could be avoided with using your right for legal council, couldn't it? After all, you technically don't have to appear before anyone who you don't want to, you just need a comprable representitive.

Back