suspension parts

Thunder8289

I need suspension parts (bushing mostly). Does ford sell the kits and how much are they. I talked to some joker at ford and he had no clue what I was talking about..IRS bushing???
I need a kit (bushing ) for the front and rear. Has anybody put them in by themselves. Can it be done easily or should it be done at a garage? Evertime I change gears I get a clunking sound from the rear that shakes the whole car. I was told it was the bushings...anybody ever experiene this??? Oh yeah..I also have to replace a front wheel bearing...does anyone know if this can be done with regular tools or do they have to be pressed in?

The front wheel bearing is integral to the front hub and the whole hub must be replaced. The hub nut is torqued to 250 ft/lbs and should *NOT* be reused. Replacement nuts are available from Ford at about $5.

You got it!

Baby with the bath water...Five Star Ford in Scottsdale AZ got me one for ~$80...you may be able to do better as the exchange is really working against you here. The nut should not be reused as stated but it is a fairly easy job. If you can do your own brakes, you can handle this. The retaining nut is large so be sure to have a large socket set handy. Pull off the brake stuff (including the caliper mounting bracket, depending on year), pull the dustcap, take off nut and give the assembly a good tug...repeat reverse (with new hub and bearing assembly). It really is that simple but not as cheap as most $20 bearings!

Good luck,
Anthony

Back