Brake light... on and off?

blk93sc

Okay... my brake light keeps going on and off... I've checked the e-brake set up and it doesn't appear loose...also the brake fluid level appears fine, so now, what? I've come to the conclusion after taking it out to try to get it to come on that it only turns on when I'm turning right>>> now can this possibly be a "sensor" of somesort?? or am I just not getting it? anyone have this happen before... any help would be greatful. thanks, Mark

brake light

does it just go on and off constantly?......'cuz mine is flashing on occasionally too but it hardly ever does it, it seems random, but mostly turning right. once it did it after turning left, but it's ALWAYS after i have come off the freeway just a 'little' fast and stopped pretty hard at the light :) and then turned and gunned it a little when it was clear. I posted the same question here a couple weeks ago (my fluid level seemed fine too) and all the replies i got said check fluid. Anyway i added fluid to where the level is just a little over the 2 arrows, i dont see how this could hurt anything.....and we'll see, like i said it doesnt do it all the time and it has not yet dont it since i added fluid. Also my brakes continue to work perfectly , very firm, no pull, ABS still works........the way that reservoir is designed its very shallow on one side and very deep on the other, and it does look like there is some kind of sensor or valve in there......so i'd try adding fluid first!

Back