Redoing 89 XR-7....need help answering questions

89SCK@t

In a couple of months I plan on completly rebuilding my Cougar. I just have some questions on where some of the best places to possibly get the block done, heads done, exhaust done...I really don't have much time to do this, thats why I'm asking where can I get them done at(reputable mechanics only). I plan on making the exhaust myself. I am also taking out all of the sound proofing material and power seats(I was always a sucker for bucket seats :D ). I am also wondering where I could possibly get a front bumper made to fit an intercooler for my Cougar? I know that if I have a Aftermarket Turbo sized Intercooler for a Supercharger, there is going to be a slight lag before I get anything. But I am looking for a better way to cool the air. Next question, would even be feasible to do the Aftermarket Turbo sized Intercooler? I am also looking for a stronger rear end, and a 6spd tranny, where could I possibly find these at? I am building this car to do a lot of rally type street racing, because I can't stand drag racing.

Oh, and one more thing, is there any possible way to modify the clutch on the supercharger to constantly be on? I mean, when I start it up, BAM, the boost gauge says 5lbs, idling?

Any and all input is welcome. I plan on doing a lot to this car, but I still want to be able to drive it under normal conditions.

Thanks
Stephen

Back