Dinging again!!!!!

sizemoremk

My dinger goes off when the headlights off, keys outta ignition, and door open....

How do I fix thios without disabling the whole dinging system...

Any suggestions???

I had a '92 LX that did the exact same thing. It ended up being something to do with the ingnition switch. I know it sounds vauge, but what I did to fix the problem was move the switch (where you put your key in) back and forth with out the key in it. That stopped the dinging in that car. My guess was that the switch portion on the steering column was getting loose and had more play than it would normally have. I never had a problem with the battery running down or anything. Let me know if this fixes it.

sizemoremk,

My 95 LX does that occasionally. Like 007_SuperCoupe said, it's usually an ignition lock cylinder that is worn a bit and you just turn it slightly to turn off the dinger. :)

My dinger had to go.

I know you would like to not disable the dinger, but I had to yank mine out just to stop the madness.
I think I have a bad ground somewhere in my driver door because it dings at random times and can be turned off breifly by opening and closing the door. I'll get that looked at in the spring.

But it was pissing me off so bad that I finally was told that the dinger lives behind the glove box. So I went into Mr. Dinger's house and yanked him out. I keep him around just in case I want to bring him back to life.

But in my opinion the dinger really serves no purpose other than to possibly annoy you. Or I guess if you're a dunce and like to leave the lights on or your keys in the car, it does help.

Hope you can stop the dinging. I just was pushed too far.

I may be mistaken, but that should be the same dinger that also warns of high temps and the like. I wouldn't be so quick to leave it out. But that is just me too.

I'm not so sure about the high temp thing. My NA V6 was overheating liike a b*tch last summer and I got nothing.

Do they all chime before they about to blow up? That's the first I've ever heard of that. Must have only been on car with the maintance minder computer above the radio.
I am kinda intrested in how smart these car really are.

I just replaced the gnotion switch, but it was already constantly dinging because of the auto-seatbelt, which I have since unpluged that switch...

I had the "turn the switch alittle" problem in another ford, I'm pretty sure this isn't it...

Maybe I'll pull the door apart and see about that ground, I've heard something about that ground before.

I too have had the bad overheating, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't ding because of it.

I want the ding cuz I know I'll leave the lights on at some point.

All my other cars have had auto turnin out lights...

Thanks for the input guys!

Back