SC Performance Mods

89lx5.0

Been thinking of doing some performance mods to my 89 SC. How safe would a O/D blower pulley be on a 140,000 mile motor? Are the B&M shifters worth the money and work it takes to install them? Also any recommendations on rear end gear selections for a stock 5-spd highway driven SC? I have 2.73's now. Thanks

As far as the o/d pulley i would say to probably only go with a 5% or you could go with a 10% if you have exhaust done. I have had no experience with the B&M shifters so i couldnt help you there. The gears i would say to go with 3.27's becuase 3.55's may not be to good on the highway. I have put 3.27's in my 91 5spd and there arent to bad on the highway...i think youll love you car with new gears because it made a huge difference for me.

If I had a 5 speed the Shifter would be #1 on my list of mods//BELIEVE ME!!...I wouldnt do teh pulley unless you have done the exhaust already:O)

shifter

I love my b&m shifter , well worth the $$$$, and you dont have to worry about it wearing out and falling apart,
Ron

I have a ripper shifter, best $200 I've spent on the car. It only took me 20 minutes to put it. Instead of pulling the hole damn console out, I took the top part off, and then all the rubber down there I cut with an exacto knife so I could get access to the bolts.

Back