Short draining battery

axis

I recently purchased a 94, 5-spd SC and I am having trouble finding the short which leaves my battery drained a day later. There is constant amp pull off of the battery of approximately .3 to .5 amps. When I pull out fuse FL-12(40 Amp) the amp draw goes away. I am unsure of what this fuse feeds since the I have not obtained a new owners manual for the car. Any suggestions and info would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Under the hood or under the dash? Both fuse box covers should have a diagram with an box outline for each fuse and a word or 2 about what it controls. You have to look at the diagram and line it up with the fuse block, then figure out which one it is.

Here the run down.... It's a 40 amp fuse that runs the radio and the AMP, and optional (very Rare) factory cell phone. It is a black wire with a orange tracer. It also runs the
15A: STOP/HAZ fuse - multifunction switch & boo switch,
20A: Lighter/turn signal switch,
CB: fuel door switch and Trunk release, Door locks, keyless entry, power seat, lumber, bolster.

This is from a 1995 SC it should be the same, or atleast point you in the right direction.

Just start taking out fuses till the draw goes away.

Also take the neg. battery cable off and hook the clamp end of a test light to the battery, put the other end on the loose neg battery cable... the light will be bright with a large load and dim with a small load.... this way you don't have to work on it for the next 10 nights. Also make sure that the hood lamp is removed, and the dome lamp too, they are all draws.
When you hook this up wait 3 - 5 minutes for all the modules to go into sleep mode also.... they draw more when they're awake.

Good luck :)

Back