Stock rods in 94SC

dansmurf

I am finally ready to fix the broken crank and get the 94SC on the road. Looked like everything was falling into place to do it Fri night and Sat morning untill today. I found out that Ford discontinued the rods on the 94-95 SC in the end of Oct. I am a few weeks too late. So now I am one rod short. Does anyone know where I can get a stock rod for the SC engine quick? Thanks for any help.

Have your ford dealer run the part number on their locater. (they probably already did this). Maybee you'll get lucky and someone somewhere will have one that is just laying in a dealership parts dept.

This might be a good time to leave a summit catalog in the wifes view a few folded pages and some circled part numbers ya'know.

I think ...... there for I am not sure but I have heard that rods will fit from a 302..... Like I said this is mearly gossip so you may ask around and see if anyone has already tried this or even thought about it.

Good Luck

locator

Do the locator and see if you can find one. That is probably your best hope. Or you could call your local machine shops and see if they had any laying around on the shelf. I have several 89-93 rods laying around and I would give you 1 for the cost of shipping but it would need to be machined to accept a bushing at the top to be like your 94 style rods. Which is probably you next best option.

In case you get an idea of putting 302 rods in your car that absolutely will not work. They are not the right length.

Let me know if you need a rod to be machined for a 94-95 bushing so you can get it back on the road.

wzenheimer@charter.net

Chris

Thanks for the help. I work at the Ford dealership I ordered the parts from so the parts guys already did the locator and found none locally. The engine shop I got the crank from has been great. Mon I walked in and told them I needed a crank. Wed morning at 11am I call about a rod and the tell me the crank is waiting for pickup. I go in at 4pm and he tells me the rod will be there Friday morning. I don't know how there price compares but at $350 for crank kit and rod I am happy and the fast service was great. Looks like I am still on for getting the car running this weekend. Thanks again.

Back