need some help

INDIGO TRIPS

I have had diffrent people tell me I need to change the oil in my 93 SC (speaking of the super charger oil), but other people tell me that the super charger runs off the same oil that the engine does. Is that true? If I need to change the super charger oil can some one please indicate how to, I am unable to locate any plug on the super charger.

under the snout you will find a allen headed screw/plug... you can open and check level... should be below threads (expands with heat). Is filled with synthetic super charger oil (can find at FOMOCO parts or GM has the same at a cheaper coost). If the fluid looks OK; not dirty or low; then leave it alone.

The plug is at the base of the SC under and to the driver's side of the snout. It is a darker metal than the gray SC case.

Don't open that filler unless the engine is stone cold (like first thing in the morning) or SC fluid will spew out everywhere. (and it stinks like a port-a-jon in hell)
Make sure the car is on level ground and use a turkey baster with a tube attached to the end to suck the old oil out. You can use any high quality synthetic power steering fluid (like RedLine or Valvoline) with no problems. It takes about 7 oz or fill until the fluid will just barely touch the threads on the plug.

BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of SC ownership......it is a life changing experience......

Back