Pulley question

94scnflt

Well first an update. My SC is leaving VA this week and should be out here 7-10 days after that. I can't wait to get in the seat and let her rip after a month and a half of being apart from her.
Here is my question:
I bought my car and was told it had a 10% od pulley on the supercharger. Looking at one of the post on this forum about the difference between a stock pulley and a 5% pulley, mine looks like the stock one that was photographed. Now here is the deal, I have pulled 17PSI of boost(a pillar mounted 30 psi boost gauge) and I know that is not possible with a stock pulley. Can anyone tell me how I can tell the difference, or give me a measurement off a 10%? Any help would be great.

Yes you can pull that much boost with a stock pulley, BUT it means there is something wrong with your car. Why don't you just post a picture of your pulley and we will let ya know if its a 5 10 or stock.

Al

as soon as I get the car out here I will get a picture. I took some pics of the engine after I did some work to it but they came out really blurry.
What would be wrong with the car if it had a stock pulley and it was pulling 17 psi of boost?

hey al,...

why not have him take an o.d. measurement and forward that as well. i thought that there was a faq on that issue.

Back