connecting rod damage.

Kyle

i've had my sc all of two months now... and i've already been through head gaskets, oxygen sensors, motor mounts, water pump, resurfaced cylinder heads, which was $2000 in repairs.

now tonight on the way home from work, heard some strange noises, had to pull over into a parking lot. i had a mechanic come look at it. said it was the connecting rod....

how much is this going to cost me..:mad:

first of all... what was it doing?

then.. if in fact it IS a connecting rod... its gunna be $$$$$$$$. pretty much engine reubild time at that point. and if the bearing got messed up on the rod... then you might need a new crank as well.

This is not uncommon

When the head gaskets go sometimes they let the coolent get into the oil and that washes out the bearings. You will have to either rebuild or replace the engine now. The noise will be either a banging or a hi pitch squail.. This is bearing going bad.if it is the squail. But if it is the banging then that bearing is already gone,as is your crank....It is always good sence to look at the bottom end whenever you get water in the oil.... I know that people will disagree with this,but I will always look at the bottom end if it gets water.... Good luck with your car and if you need I have a 95 long block that is ready for install....Rich

Back