Propane

old bird

Understand that this is new ground for me. I have have considerable experience using propane in turbocharged spark ignition engines as the sole fuel. Also a lot of experience with natural gas as fuel.

My instinct would be to put them into the intake stream ahead of the intercooler; on the theory that passing thru the intercooler would allow them to mix completely. One needs to remember that by mixing propane and nitrous, one has created a very explosive combination. A backfire would have disasterous consequences; i.e. explosive mix in confined space.

Compressed liquids generally flash to vapor almost instaneously when sprayed into a passing air stream. The speed of vaporization is dependent upon the temperature and volume of the passing air stream.

Wonder if Ak Miller is still kicking. He is an old california hot rodder who knows more about propane as a performance fuel than any man alive. Any californians in this group? Another scorce would be the head idea man at Impco. Impco is a california based company who manufactures the bulk of the propane fuel systems sold.

Sincerely,

Old Bird

Back