Clutch Replacement

TedJr.

Dear Fellow Ford Fans,

I have been driving my dads 93, 5 speed SC while we are doing the body and paint work to my car. Its got 92000 miles on it and still retains the original clutch. ITS SHOT!! I have done clutches before in cars with manual linkage, but never with a hydraulic clutch. Can anyone here describe how to and what is needed to bleed the hydraulic clutch system. Also, in round figures, whats it going to cost me for a new disc and pressure plate? Do supercoupes have unique flywheels?

THANKS!

Ted Jr.

all you have to do is remove the line from the slave cylinder, just push that white collar around the metal tube in ALL the way(use the side of a flat blade screwdriver or something, but try to buy the proper tool...looks like the open side of a combination wrench), then pull the line out(the white collar might click if its engaged properly). If you do it this way no need to bleed it.
The SCs have a truck sized clucth/pressure plate, they are available from almost anywhere.
They cost about 150-300 US depending on the manufacturer of the assembly

It is a good idea to replace the slave cylinder while you are at it(if it goes bad you have to pull the tranny again), you can get it with the throwout bearing from ford for about $130.
Probably the best clutch is the centerforce dual friction(comes with the new pressure plate) Summit has it for about $300. Other misc. items are pilot bearing, clutch alignment tool, flywheel cut.

Back