Question about diff

Zeppa

i have 96 t-bird LX 3.8L V6 does anybody know if that has the 8.8" ring gear and traction lok diff? Also can i put that IRS shiaaaaaaaaat on it?:confused:

All 89 - 97 T-Birds have IRS. A V6 car would most likely be a 7.5" ring gear without traction-lock.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

ed's great isn't, not in a gay way but u know hehe, anyway i was wondering if there r any posi trac kits available for t-birds an also can i take the disk brakes off an SC an put em on my car, it has rear drums.

Thanks

P.S. i take back most of the bad stuff i've ever said about canadia, not canada, canadia!

The spindles are different for drum and disc brake cars ... and I don't believe there are any locking diff. units available for a 7.5" axle that have the grooves for the lockng clips on your IRS half-shafts ... my suggestion would be to get a complete assembly side-to-side out of a Super Coupe or LX V-8 car with traction-lock and rear disc brakes, then swap the whole thing in. You'll get stronger half-shafts as well.

And don't worry about the bad things you've said about Canada, we realize that Americans don't get taught anything about the rest of the world when they're in school !! :D

cheers
Ed N.

Back