Out of the Hospital after 2 surgeries

Nettlesd

Well, I’m out of the hospital and doing fine after 2 surgeries. I’m still a little sore when I sit down but I’m doing better.

So, what happened? Ok, here’s my story and please learn from my stupid mistakes.

While talking to a fellow SC’er online, I told him I recently received the car back from the shop after they did a few more modifications to it. He asked me, “What does your butt dyno tell you?” I responded with the statement “I don’t know but I’ll try it and let you know”. So, me and the neighbor kid took the car out of the garage and put the back end of the car up on jack stands. He got in, started the car and revved the engine up to 1,500 rpm’s at certain points. Since I knew that dyno’s work off of a car wheel, I slid under the wheel well and stuck my butt up against the wheel. I could feel the friction against my butt as the rpm’s raised and when he would goose the gas. I figured that wasn’t too bad and that we would try it again at a higher rpm. We would raise the rpm’s up to 5,000 with some sudden sprints to 5,000 from lower level rpm’s. This time however, the wheel caught my pants and lodged me up into the wheel well. With the kid flooring it to 5,000 rpm’s at times the wheel burned a hole through my pants and proceeded to burn my left cheek to half size of my right cheek. After a lot of screaming and commotion from other neighbor’s I was pulled from the wheel well and rushed to the hospital. Now, after 2 surgeries I’m finally able to walk again and sleep in my own bed.

Now I’ve learned that the fellow SC’er was talking about letting your body feel the performance of the car by the way it drove. Not in a physical sense of letting your butt feel the performance. Go figure.

Live and learn but I wouldn't try this if I were you since I have a half left cheek to prove it.

Last edited:
...I don't even know what to say, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better.

Well, I suppose now if some ricer says he's "Gonna smoke yo ass!" in a race, you have good reason to walk over and beat the crap out of him :D

Hope ya recover all the way!

-Chris

Damn Duane

I'm glad you're not an astronaut, because I'd hate to think how you'd react when they told you your mission would be to take pictures of Uranus. (insert (pun intended) Ford Probe joke here).

(No, I couldn't resist, sorry). :)

Damn, man!!!!!!

That's one of the funniest things I've read on this BBS in a long time.....people here at work are wondering why I started laughing out loud for no apparent reason.......
Really made my day
:p

Duane,

Drink plenty of windsheild washer fluid, take two asprins and call me when your a$$ grows back.

David

PS: Hope you didn't hurt the car.

Nice Duane.. So what did it tell you? I agree that it was pretty funny, but also glad your feeling better.

I wish I would have been one of the doctors when you went into the hospital. I bet that was one of the stranger cases they had ever heard of. And don't you work in an educational institute? Oh dear God, I fear the students that come from there now.

Hope things come out ok ;) hehe.. couldn't resist one joke..

-Andy "Melon"

Last edited:
Idea!

Man!
You should audition for the sequel to "JACKASS" I hear that movie was far out! They have nothing on you dude!
dirtybirdie
:eek:

Back