Throttle valve return spring needed! Actually, just the clip

syphon

Hey everyone, a while ago I noticed my accelerator was partially stuck open, and it turned out that the clip that holds my throttle valve (the line that runs to the transmission) to the return spring had broken off. Does anyone know where I can go or what to do to fix this? Ford wants $80 for a completely new spring. This is too much money to spend when the zip-tie is working fine for now (You can see the red zip tie in the pictures).

j.spang@verizon.net

close.jpg

back.jpg

If Ford still makes the part, you should get these for $5-$10:

Brass Bushing/Clip for TV Trans Cable: F3SZ-7H303-B
Replaces plastic parts, auto trans only

This was actually from a TSB that had dealers replace the plastic bushing in the lever with this brass bushing and steel hair pin retainer.

If your part on the TV cable is actually broken, I know of no replacement except for a whole new Ford cable. You might be able to get a better price from 5-Star Ford (Dan Newman) or other Ford dealers that offer discounts.

I tried giving Ford that part number (if it was the same as the one I was provided with a long time ago) and they said it didn't exist. Didn't even have the right amount of digits. At least, Harris Ford out here in Lynnwood WA didnt agree with it.

Back