People with Dual exhaust

I'm running 2.5" all the way back too. I have high flow cats, an X-pipe, no resonator and a pair of huge Borla Turbo XL mufflers. It seems to flow very well. It sounds awesome!!! ...Not too loud.

Cheers,

Sean

I have 2 1/4 all the way back with an x pipe, no cats or res., I did feel alot of top end power not too much loss in low end tq though. I am working on a new exhaust though, I want a y pipe then a muffler, single 3 1/2 inch pipe then it exiting out the center of the car maybe through the gfx??

exhaust

Well not going to big on the exhaust is good because you keep the exhaust temp higher and you want that because it flows better when hotter and also don't be changing the exhauast starting from one size to another unless the sizes match up when going to two to one or opisit. Why? Well when you change the size the exhaust gas has a chance to exspand as that happens it creates friction and from that you loose the gas temp.

There you go that's why we loose low end torque when we put on big exhaust.

you all would not beleave all there is to a good exhaust design.

Crazy XR7

On my '94, I pretty much have a stock exhaust. Well, I have parts of the stock exhaust left on it. The cats are still there, but then I replaced the 2-into-1 resonator with a 2-into-1 Borla hi-flow muffler. Then the original pipe (2.25, I think) runs back to about the axle, splits into two and then ends up out the back in the stock location (minus those two clunky, factory mufflers), with Borla chrome tips.

This setup seems to flow exceptionally well, escpecially on my hardly-modified SC (only a K&N, a shift-kit, and the exhaust). I noticed an increase in power and acceleration, a lowering in highway RPMs, and even more loss of tread on my rear tires! haha

All considered, my exhaust cost me about $80, so I'm extremely happy with it. It helps when you get a hi-flow muffler for free.

Good luck!

Corey

Back