door hinge

daddyj1 said:
is the drivers side lower door hinge hard to fix and where can i get the parts???:confused: 91 redsc

Technical Articles

I would have to say that Ford would be your best bet to get new hinges, but I have heard of a few going to their local auto parts store and looking in the Help section items for replacement of the pins. I have been told that you can change the pins with some success!

Cheers,
Calvin

had to do mine last year when I bought mine from an owner that obviously leaned on the doors big time. Got some pins for both doors at AutoZone and the kick panel is the only thing that really needs to be removed. Made all the difference in the world. Give yourself about 2-3 hours tops and a friend to hold the door while you remove the old pins and replace with the new ones. Suggest a six pack for added incentive

crazydave

Hey dave
Did you puchase the ones for the f-150 or were you able to get the proper ones? I need to do my passeger side.

Re: crazydave

Thunder8289 said:
Hey dave
Did you puchase the ones for the f-150 or were you able to get the proper ones? I need to do my passeger side.

The ONLY way you can get the correct ones from Ford is to buy the complete Hinge set. It's about $90.00 and it come unpainted.

I have one set for the drivers side if any of you want it. ($90.00 + Shipping)

Back