Removing the Blower

ScottSimonsen

What is the easiest way to remove the blower. Im rebuilding the snout and i dont really want to pull the back half where the throttle body is and where the intercooler tubes connect. Is there an easier way. Thanks

ScottSimonsen said:
What is the easiest way to remove the blower. Im rebuilding the snout and i dont really want to pull the back half where the throttle body is and where the intercooler tubes connect. Is there an easier way. Thanks

The throttle body connects to the inlet plenum, you can remove the throttle body but the plenum is connected to the blower so you MUST take that out as a unit.

As for the upper intercooler tube......you cannot remove the blower with it connected to the intercooler and the blower.

Easiest way to remove the blower:

Remove SC belt
Remove air intake tube at the TB (leave the TB attached to plenum)
Unplug IAC and TPS wiring connectors.
Loosen clamp on the supercharger side of bypass hose.
Remove top and upper IC tube as a unit.
Remove vacuum hoses from bypass valve, cross over.
Remove three bolts that hold supercharger down.
Pull forward a couple inches for access to vacuum hoses on the back of inlet plenum, remove the hoses.
Pull it off.

Takes about 15 minutes, 30 if you haven't done it before. Assemble in reverse order using Permatex orange RTV to reseal top and IC tube. Use zip ties on the vacuum hoses. Same RTV can be used when resealing the case.

David

Not sure what year your SC is but if it has an EGR valve you will need to remove the two bolts that holds it to the inlet plenum.

Sorry, forgot to mention removing the throttle and TV cable (if auto) bracket from the inlet plenum.

David

PS: I don't have EGR, so I don't really know what is involved with that.

if you are just rebuilding the "snout", can't you just remove that and leave the back half on? i can't remember if there is enough room to get at all the bolts on the front though you will have to suck all the fluid out.
just a thought.
joe

Back