HELP PLEASE car has fuel problem

Red Thunder SC

Ok, this morning I tried to start my 92 SC, and it turned over fine, but wouldn't start. I checked and there is spark from all coils. So, I ran the code reader, and came up with a code #542 "Fuel pump secondary circuit fault" I really don't know what this is, but I think that it might not be the fuel pump because I think I can remember hearing the fuel pump pressurize the system when I first tried to start the car. Help please, I am out of ideas.

many thanks,
Stephan

Ok, i just tried to start car, which should pressurize the fuel system, right? Car did not start, so then I went to the engine where there is that valve stem on the fuel rail, (it looks like a bicycle tire valve stem) and pulled the black plastic cap off and pushed the little inside valve down. No hissing, no sign of any fuel at all. Should there be pressurized fuel at that point?

first you say your fuel pump works, now it doesnt? Maybe you should turn off your alarm or something first

Your fuel pump is either not working at all or its not pumping hard enough. I had the same problem with mine. Once you flip the switch to start the car you should have fuel in the fuel rails also check to make sure your fuel cutoff switch didnt engage somehow. But i bet its your Fuel pump.

right, i already checked my fuel cut off switch and it was fine. is it normal for a fuel pump to die so abruptly? Also, do i have to drop the fuel tank to change it?

Red Thunder SC said:
RAJ, thank you for the compasion. i just love it when u go out of your way to be a jackass to me.
whos raj??
listen you freak, the vibration might make the pump work you disfunctional prick

who said, you should keep your lips shut, both sets!!!

now go jump up and down and quit changing the subject everytime the light-bulb starts to flicker in your head...go... shoo

if his idea doesnt work :D Then i believe you will have to drop the tank. I did in my 90 at least. With the right tools it shouldnt take to long.

Back