Another newbie with questions.

TommyT

I just purchased the 92 SC shown at this link:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13261

For those of you who chose not to look at the link, the car has 63,000 original miles on it now.

I have a couple of questions though. First off, I've noticed a bit of a vibration associated with the engine between idle an say approx. 2500 rpms. It almost feels like a miss but the engine is running fine with great power, it's just seems a bit rough. I should add that I think the car still has the original plugs and wires that it came from the factory with.

Secondly, i've noticed that the shift effort can be very notchy at times. Sometimes it feels like i'll never get it into first gear. There isn't any grinding but it seems that speed shifting is out of the question like the gate is locked out sometimes.

By the way, outside of these small "kinks" I really like this car. Any info appreciated.

Tommy

Congratulations on your purchase Tommy ... looks like a very clean car from the pic.

The vibration you're feeling may be that the motor mounts, especially the left side, have failed. They are hydraulic-filled mounts, and they end up getting torn and collapsing ... so the oil pan comes in contact with the front crossmember, causing the vibration.

The 5-speed manuals tend to be notchy in these cars unfortunately. Try draining and refilling the tranny with fresh fluid, synthetic stuff with a bit of the Ford traction-lock axle additive mixed in may improve the shifting.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Congrats

First off Congrats on the purchase and second yea like he said its prolly the motor mounts my 94 SC is doin the same thing yours is. I am just waiting for my solid rubber ones from Supercoupeperformance.com to come and that will be fixed. Again Congrats on the sweet ride man. Godspeed and have fun.

Jayson

Back