Someone Please Help

ThunderCoupe94

Ok I was ready to go out tonight i havent started my SC for a few days because ihave been feeling sick. So tonight i go outside to leave and first the car gets stuck with ice around both rear wheels i finaly get it out and shut it off to go inside for a few. Then i go to restart it and it didnt wanna start right away. It felt like it wanted to stall so i floored it to keep the idle up and then it was ok after i did that once. Then the Low Coolant light comes on so i shut it off again to check that and its full. Any ideas why the heck that would be on and why it didnt want to start for me? I am desperate its my only car and i need it to run. Someone please help me out. Any Info is appriciated greatly. Thanks so much

Jayson:confused:

dont trust the low coolant light. mine will go on when its full and stay off when its not. usually just stays on (kind of annoying) just make sure the radiator is full and the overflow has the correct amount in it (becuase the sensor is in the overlow tank).

as far as the hard starting, could be many things. Somtimes they just do that (not usually to the point that it needs to be floored though... ) i'm not really sure on any one thing as far as hard starting goes... so i'll let somone else answer that :)

(my first guesses would be clean maf wire, fuel injectors, check IAC, plugs etc etc"

If you unplug the coolant sensor, it will go off. My friends 94 used to do that and it made him paranoid. I unplugged it and didn't tell him. He asked me later how I fixed it. I said you wanna know? I unplugged it.

If your car is frozen to the ground and you put it in gear and it won't move with minimal effort, put it in nuetral and try to break it loose by pushing it. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLOOR IT if its stuck, you will chew your tranny's internals up. I learned that the hard way, one time when my old car was frozen to the ground. My friend got in and floored it in D and R. Finally it broke loose but my trans was slipping so bad. It cost me $1200 and he wouldn't pay a penny of it and I knew damn well I didn't cause the trans to die.

Help

Could it be that my cats are bad and i need motor mounts?? I mean i started it once again today and the low coolant light is of didnt come on at all but it just felt like it wanted to stall still. Kinda annoying. I dont wanna get stuck on the side of the road no where so i aint driving it til i get it to stop but i am clueless what the heck it could be except those 2 thing. Any help is appriciated. thanks

Jayson

How long have you had this car?

If you just got it, the previous owner may have put straight water in the rad.

Make sure there's antifreeze in there.

Just something to check.

Back