3.27 cobra rear gears.....

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
do the 3.27 cobra gears fit right in with all the sc rear stuff...like the posi stuff and all? also is the speedo gear correct to use in an 89 5-speed? i know those gears are in several other cars, like police interceptors...any other ford cars have 3.27? hmm....do any SC'S???? (factory of course) i jsut want to find some for as cheep as possible...if there were some still in the rearend that'd be great (if an sc rear of course) soo if you have an answer, or a rearend you can gimme, let me know!! :)

DrFish

well i have 3.27's iin my 91 sc spd and i got them from rousch racing since they take the factory gt gears (which are 3.27) and put in new gears for there cars. So the gears i have in my car are from a new gt and the fit in the sc rearend just fine.

cobra differential

I've got a 3.27 locking differential out of a 99 cobra in my 91 SC 5 speed. It works great and it's about 40lb.s lighter (guess).

The cheapest would probably be to find an Auto SC Rear. I know 89-93 SC's have 3.27's for Auto. Not sure on the 94-95. Look in the classifieds, Djkerridge had a used set of gears for 50$

Hello

Hello,
The Lincoln Mark8 auto also have the 327 gears.
They also have an aluminum carrier so you save weight there.
Laterz,
D Rainer
NRCLSC.bmp

Your best bet would be going to a mustang site and checking the classifieds section...there's a ton of people trying to get rid of their stock 3.27's out of new stangs..I know mine will end up for sale soon :)

I just have the gears(Ford 8.8, they coincidently were out of a Cobra :D) and a red carpet fold-down rear:p . Also have just a pumpkin with no side gears if anyone wants anything;) ...but nothing still in one piece

AsScLoWn

Hello AsScLoWn,
Is that the Aluminum Pumpkin?
How much are you looking to get for it?
Thanks,
D Rainer

NRCLSC.bmp

hey AsScLoWn..

how much yah want for the seat?????? :D guess you knew i wanted one huh???? nice honda icon btw....puts em in they're place ;) as for the gears, i'm going to start some serious browsing and find a reaaaalllll cheap pair i think. EVERYBODY: does the lil plastic gear out of the mustangs (speedo gear that is) work on our 5-speeds? i'm not a transmission pro...all i know is how and why they do what they do :) thanksss!!! AsScLoWn, write me with a price for that seat pleassssseeee, i have a lil christmas money now!!!!!! :D tahnks everyone!!!

DrFish

alright, I'll PM you, if the shipping is going to cost a bit I'll give the seat for next to nothing, this has been going on for wayy to long:p

Back