Supercharger bearings

ScottSimonsen

I removed my blower tonight and pulled the snout. I was think sence i there can i get the bearings for the rotors. Has anybody rebuild there blower themselves. Also is there any thing that i can do to the blower to make more power.

I wouldnt try doing the 2 bearings in the plate. U need to time the rotors and some special tools to press the rotors off the gears. The back one can be done. U can port the blower.

you need a press to remove the bearings, and cant do anything to minor to gain power, you have to remove the rotor section from the case and tape the rear bearings from the inside if you plan on doing any grinding.

I changed mine. Just beat the old bearings out with a socket appropriately sized and a hammer. Then beat the new ones in with a socket too....just go easy on the start so you have it lined up good.

I got bearings from ESM, but he doesn't supply people. I later tried rounding up some of my own bearings and didn't come up with much. Seems like the INA part number doesn't match to anything. But, if you take the bearing somewhere I am confident you can get replacements. You may have to buy in bulk though. I found one place that could get them for $3/each, but needed an order of 100 or more.

And I don't know anyone who has successfully removed the rotors from the gears and reinstalled them. I know a couple who have tried and not had a fun time with it. Better to leave that part alone. Everything else breaks down though.

Micah

Originally posted by ScottSimonsen
Well i work at Ford so i have access to all the tools that i need i just wondering if anybody has any bearing #

I have a few sets for sale on my 4-sale page in my sig below.

'bird

bearings0065.jpg

Back