Still having injector problems

windstarpro

A question for anyone who may know:
Can the Ignition Module have any bearing on how the injectors are synchronized? Or, is it a stand alone ignition set up only? I know that the Ignition module and computer both get their own Cam and Crank signal, and the Ignition module sends IDM to the computer. Does the Ignition module do more?
My IDM(ignition Dianostic Monitor) duty cycle out put from the ignition module isn't right, but I don't know if its normal to be off. I have a 29%(should be about 17%)at idle and 45%(should be about 57%) at 2500 rpm. Everything else is right. And the only thing in question is this and how close I got the synchronizer when I put it back in, I marked it, so I think Im pretty close.

I haven't had enough time to contact anyone lately since school is wearing me out. I don't think I can find anyone that would be able to answer my question out here since I don't know many folks that do driveability. Help!
Dave
MM3-N USN
'93 Mk8 base w/4.10 - 14.92 @ 94 mph
'89 Cougar XR7 5Speed - ?

Thank you!

Thank you for replying!! No one knows anything about these cars, so Ive been pulling my hair out.
Do you have a brand and part no for the alignment tool? I need to order one. It being a little off will cause it to intermittently go out of sync?
BTW, I solved a lot of idle problems by smoothing ignition positive voltage out if anyone is interested I used a 35-65V 4700mF capacitor from RadioShack in place of the stock NoiseCap.
Thanks Dave
Dave
MM3-N USN
'93 Mk8 base w/4.10 - 14.92 @ 94 mph
'89 CougarXR7 5Speed - ?

Thanks guys.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Positioning tool can be got from OTC 1800 rotunda option 4->1, I ordered mine today. That no crosses to OTC no 303-358.
Dave
MM3-N USN

Dave,
That's interesting about the cap - where is that one located (is it the one by the coil?). What kind of idle problems did it solve?

Back