Someone help

Charkly

Heres the deal-my car doesnt run anymore. Not good-i was pulling it out of my garage-when it started doing one of its little-stupid, sputter and die things. Now it started back up after a lot of cranking, and appeared to be running rich. Shortly after, it died again, but wouldnt restart-it just cranks and cranks. It still wont run at all, but i think its fouled. Through all of this i got no check engine light, but it was sputtering. Also, somethimes it surged, trying to find an idle. It didnt have this problem until i hooked up the vacujmn to the charcoal canister, and replaced the clogged solid fuel filter. It ran great before, then horrible immediately after. there is no coolant temperature gauge reading, so im going to change both the computer sensor, and the gauge sending unit. i would appreciate any help anyone can give-i suspect the fuel pressure regulator may be bad-where is it located, and does this sound probable. the car sat for several months before i got it, and i had to change several sensors-maf, tps, and iac, to get it to idle smoothly. I changed the electronic part of the maf only, and it cam off of a 96 with a 4.6 in it. Could this cause problems-Once again, no codes, or engine light. thanks.

The wrong sensor on the MAF can cause problems. I would suspect the the sensor from 4.6 is not going to work properly. You need a sensor that is calibrated for your size injectors.

I would start with the sensor since you know that is one of the things that you changed.

Bob

maf

but it ran good with the other maf until i changed the fuel filter-all the numbers on it except 1 were the same-and the plug fit-ill try another i guess-all i changed was the sensor, not the actual body.

Back