Problems with my 5 speed...

Broham

Over the last few weeks my 5 speed has been harder and harder to shift. In the mornings it won't go into reverse without grinding and has a tough time getting into any gear. I've also noticed on cold mornings no matter how hard i mash down the clutch it will creep forward like i have the clutch out a little. I was hoping it was just a trans mount or something like that but i'm not sure. Any body have any ideas?
-broham

check your clutch resivior

make sure it has fluid, my explorer has a slow leak at the slave cylinder and when it gets low it does the same thing,
good luck
Ron

Had similar problems with my sons Ranger with a M5R2 tranny. The first time it was the clutch. Replaced the clutch and throw out bearing that came with the clutch kit. All works fine for about 6 months and then the clutch went out again. This time after the clutch was replaced and all but back together we found that the clutch would not disengage. Took it back apart and found that the slave cylinder was probably bad the whole time and not allowing the clutch to fully disengage.

Back