i think my sc has a turbo?

Thrty5thSC

my sc just started acting like a turbo. i get no power until i give it enough gas to pass 5psi then it comes on like a turbo would insted of being constantly there,it seems like tubo lag.any ideas? i have a engine with just over 4000mi. and a supercharger with about 6000mi.
thanks,
joe

Check to see that your bypass valve is operating correctly. Pull the vacuum hose off while engine is running and it should close all the way to the stop. Sounds like yours isn't closing all the way.

The linkage can sometimes get stuck on the back side of the supercharger top. A little spray lube will help keep the linkage operating freely.

David

Sounds like someone added the blow-off valve from a turbo-coupe to your car. Look by your airbox, then just unplug the sensor there, thats your blow-off valve

mine does that sometimes. I will be accelerating and then it won't pull really hard until I hit like 7-8 psi and then BAM power. It got better after I changed my plugs and wires. I'm wondering my TPS sensor might have a worn spot.

yah, that's it exactly,never thought about the tps. i checked the bypass valve and it seems to be working right.
joe

Last edited:
TPS being off or bad O2 sensors can contribute to that kind of problem. Plugs and wires can't hurt either. You may find that new plugs gapped at .050 will cure the problem.

Likely what is happening is that while operating in closed loop there is a problem causing lack of power, but when the EEC switches to open loop for WOT, it stops accepting feedback and goes to your WOT tables thereby eliminating misinformation from the sensors giving you power once again.

Hello

Hey Man,
I'd check to see if you have an old/worn SC belt. It may be slipping.
Go with the Gates belt if you have to replace.
Laterz,
D Rainer

my belts are new, well 4000mi. anyway. i will get a tps, 02's, and some plugs and wires.hopefully i will have time to do it this weekend. this is a very anoying problem,i took my mother to the doctors yesterday and she said why the hell are you driving like that. i said there was something wrong that makes it do that.she said i'm never getting in this stupid car agian.(little old itailiano) she is funny.thank you very much for your help. i might do all this tomaro so i'll post what happens.
thanks agian
joe

Back