Nice 94 SC for sale,

T1Bird

12-13-02tjc35-02.jpeg

5 spd., powerful 6 cyl., super charged, ps, pb, pw, pdl, p/sunrf., leather int., loaded luxury, black colour, very clean, fully cert. & e-tested. Only $5990.Call (416)226-1857 or (905)427-2415, Murad Auto Sale, 479 Bay St. E.

production numbers

Hey Ed,
SCCoA FAQs states that 841 1990 Cougar XR7 5spds were produced. Another source, Eric Dess' CoolCats.net
lists XR7 - 4,780 (2,101 manual, 2,679 automatic). He's usually on the money wrt Cougars.

Does anybody know for sure?

Hmmm. If it had fewer km on it, I'd consider it so I can have a real car like all the big boys.

Santa, are you listening? I'll be good next year. Honest.

The guys razz me once in a while cause they drive stick and mine is an auto.

Also I have a nagging problem with the 3-4 shift point at 4400 which is robbing power. It's supposed to lock out OD. Changing the tv cable setting had no effect. I'll have to take it to a tranny shop in the spring to get them to check out whether the shift kit is working probably and possibly replacing the torque converter.

With the go-fast toys on her, she should go faster.

Steve Richards said:
The guys razz me once in a while cause they drive stick and mine is an auto.

Steve, don't take any crap from those stick guys:D

Get youself an EEC tuner and have Fred to set up the shift points and you're all set.;)

Has anybody looked at this car yet? like in person?

if it has been well taken care of 195,000 isn't real bad the price is right thats for sure

Steve P.,

Steve Richards can't take advantage of the same functionality on his '90 as you have on your car, since the tranny in his car is vacuum controlled and yours is controlled electronically (through the PCM). It's that whole AOD vs AODE thing.

Cheers,

Sean

Hmmm, I didn't realise that the two were that different.

So are you saying that the shift points and converter settings cannot be adjusted in the AOD?

Steve P,
Yes you are lucky. and BTW, I do have the EEC tuner and a Fred file but as Sean pointed out, I cannot adjust the shift points electronically.

Your car probably also has the wide ratio gears which gives you a better launch.

And Sean is fussy about who he lends his car to when you have the urge to chase C4's.

Sister for the BLACKBIRD

That SC looks like she would compliment the 4.6 quite nicely!!!!! Its a lot of miles, but if she is in good shape i I might give it a shot. I will be calling these guys tomorrow, will bring my cam and a manual, and let you know.

I want an S/C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow

$5990.00 is that all??

pretty much black twin to my car - even the same kms ( 194,500 )

does that sound a little cheap to you?I was thinking the car might be worth a bit more than that!!! Maybe the deaership doent quite know what they have there.

Id buy it if A) it was in pretty decent shape and,
B) it wasnt on the other side of the continent! :D

Re: wow

Brad said:
$5990.00 is that all??

pretty much black twin to my car - even the same kms ( 194,500 )

does that sound a little cheap to you?I was thinking the car might be worth a bit more than that!!!

I think that $6000.00 is a fair price for a 8 year, 200,000 kms car
Maybe someday it will be worth more, or so we all hope:)

Brad, if you think that is cheap, you don't want to hear the price that Steve Day (fordzcoupe) picked up his nice black 94 5-speed for !!! :)

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks for the kudo's Ed!!
My wife kept tellin' me I'd get lucky one of these days, oops sorry different subject.
Anyway, right place at the right time & even sold the 35th to boot.
p.s. be sure to keep quiet if I ever want to sell it though OK!!!

Back