shift kit question

blownv6tbird

i was wondering what shift kit is the better one for the aod. the art carr, trans go, or the b&m. all feed back is appreciated.

Bauman is good, art carr should be good. I'd steer clear of the transgo. I have heard of a few others besides me who have been having poblems with it. Save up some money and get the lentech valve body, then you'll be happy.

As I always say when someone post this question:

LENTECH LENTECH LENTECH. There are extrememly coool.

Thomas

Ditto on the Lentech VB, I wish I had skipped the trans-go and got one first. Well worth the extra money and easier (cheaper) to install than a shift kit.

David

Whats been the problems with transgo? I have it and no problems yet....leaves 2ft of rubber on the 1-2 shift. have had it for 6000 miles 9 months.

Try going wot and hold it in 3rd, meaning find an open stretch of highway and get on it in d, not od. If you have the same problem a bunch of us have, you will go into od, having the gear selector in d. This should happen at around 4300 rpms in 3rd (90-100 mph). If it stays in d (3rd) you are one of the lucky ones.

Al

I had a trans-go kit for more than a year and I thought it was great except when it would shift into OD while I wanted it to stay in 3rd. This only happened on the dyno or the track at the top end of 3rd gear a few seconds after the upshift light and chime went off.

Once I decided to get a Lentech VB to correct the unwanted shifting problem, I could have kicked myself for missing out on being able to hold every gear including 2nd as long as you like and getting all the benifits of the shift kit.

It shifts softer than a trans-go in automatic mode and harder than a trans-go when shifted manually. It won't go into OD under full throttle and also includes an electric solenoid to delete OD when racing.

David

I can red line 3rd at about 95-110 mph no od. It stays but when i first had my tranny rebuilt it wanted to slip into nuetral out of od, but i guess it just had to be broken in doesnt do it any more.

Back