Rear suspension Help!!!

Greg

I'm changing out my springs and trying to remove both of my lower pivot nuts and bolts. The problem is that I can not get a socket and ratchet on the pivot nut without hitting the outside axle hub.

Any suggestion? How did you folks that changed out your springs do this?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Greg

put a combination box end(13/16th"??) on the hub side and an 18mm? socket and ratchet (breaker bar)on the outside:D . I know turning the nut is better instead of the bolt, but theres not much choice, the torque spec is only slightly less when torquing it back up from the bolt, so just set the torque wrench to the max torque spec from Ford on the bolt when re-installing... or just go tight enough:p

Yep, socket walls are too thick. I did go out and buy a 21mm box end wrench
(13/16th would have worked also) and got one of the nuts off, the other I am still trying. I guess I'll crank it off at the bolt head and pray that I don't break the bolt. Otherwise it's off to the Ford dealer to but some nut's and bolts. With 175K miles on the car, these nuts and bolts just may be rusted on. Damn, this is taking a lot longer than I thought. Looked so easy on the "How To" tutorial on the MN12 site.

As for 100% totally stock? Well, there are no after market upgrades as of yet. If it broke, I replaced it with stock parts. I'll have to update that after this project.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, thanks for the help.

Greg

Back