Motor mounts

black99lightnin

I am in the process of rebuilding a motor for my 89 5speed. After 13+ years of abuse the mounts are trash. Does anyone make motor mounts beside Ford to replace both mounts. They are about $100 a piece from Ford.

Try MN12Performance.com. I haven't had any problem with his but I broke the one's from the parts house in less than six months.

I bought solids from O'Reillys a little over a year ago & they've done fine, price was $21 each.

'bird

Do all parts houses have these mounts, or are they the mounts for a na 3.8? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money as I'm rebuilding the motor to sell the car. So a dollar saved here and there means more money after the sale.

At the time, both O'Reillys & Autozone carried them. Advance didn't have a clue. It's possible that they're the same as n/a but a phone call to your local partshouse would confirm that. I can't think of a reason for there to be any difference between SC & n/a mounts.
Be sure to check your trans mount, best I remember it was around $35.

'bird

does anyone sell the solid rubber mounts anymore.i got ones from a company called anchor over a year ago.i think they are liquid filled though.i also think the passenger side is bad cause in reverse,the motor moves more than a inch! but it doesnt shake or anything so ill leave it for a little while. but i will get solid ones next time!

Back