Here comes the Silver Bullit!

What will Jim run next weekend?

• 12.29+, the Silver Bullit has hit the wall.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 11.99, the Silver Bullit CAN run an 11 sec 1/4

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 11.5x, because Jim said so!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Na, the car will break again.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Mother nature will intervene

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No report, only excuses! Volume II

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XR7 Dave

Place your bets here, Jim is ready to try again. Can he do it? Does the ol' SC really have an 11 second 1/4 mile in her? What will be the outcome of next weekend's trip to SAC?

Remember last time there were no reports, only excuses, and the audience was proven right when they voted 39% that there would be no report from Jim.

Myself, I don't think the Silver Bullit will run any faster than it has, so that will be my vote. :(

Oh ya, and get your votes in because this poll will end next Saturday (Dec. 21)! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
we have Canada Geese more than crows, can you save the feathers, I think theres a black market for those, thanks:cool:

No crow to be served or eaten Manny, this is all in fun. Just giving Jim some much wanted publicity, that's all. :)

I Aint Tryin To Dis No One But.....

I dont see none of ya'll tryin to run 11's in ur rides. So why u always on Jims case? Hes a awesome dude and will be the fastest SC VERY soon. Not tryin to be rude or nuthin but ya'll just need to lay off the guy. C-mon he's got the same 3.8 motor we all runnin and hes about to break 11's. Give the guy credit where credit is due. Sc-Ya

Jayson
I posted this not intended on dissin anyones ride if i have done so muh fault. Just give Jim the credit he deserves.

I'm saying he will run no quicker... jacking with the fuel pressure between runs is NO WAY TO TUNE A CAR.

chris

SweetSc said:
I'm saying he will run no quicker... jacking with the fuel pressure between runs is NO WAY TO TUNE A CAR.

chris

I Never said nuthin about Jacking the fuel pressure all i said was why dont u guys give him the credit he deserves rather then talk about the silver bullit all day long. Why dont ya'll start talkin bout somethin better? I aint tryin to be a A$$hole or nuthin just wrong how every1's always on his case about somethin or another. Sorry if i am offending anyone and if i am muh fault like i said b4. Just give him credit for tryin. Sc-Ya

Jayson

well if he FINALLY does it I think he will get respect, but you have to admit he is almost all talk. Look at the other fast guys, they havent been saying Quickest and fastest SC, most dont even brag about it even if they are. The guy talks too much, not as much as he used to but it is hard to respect someone that always talks about being the best and fastest and has yet to back it up.
BTW I was gonna run 9's on saturday but it was raining.

Start the fire

BTW my vote is only excuses VOL. II
Prove me wrong I wanna see an 11.5 SC

PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG PROVE ME WRONG.

Or not, somebody else will be runnin 11.5 in the next 6 months anyways. Then Jim can shoot for 11's

PROVE ME WRONG

Good luck Jim and let your car do the talking

9's Huh

Seems like you the one braggin here man!! Talkin crap that Jim's braggin look whos doin it now. YOU!!! I dont see him post anything about his ride no more cuz of you guys jump all over his case about every little detail involved. I mean c-mon i respect the guy hes runnin the same engine me and muh girl are and about to break 11's. Thats a damn good accomplishment if u ask me. 11's in a V6. 9's just seem a lil farther away for you man. I aint dissin ya or nuthin but Prove Me Wrong and LET YOUR CAR DO THE TALKIN NOW!!!! Sc-Ya

Jayson

Re: 9's Huh

SCpeKid said:
Seems like you the one braggin here man!! Talkin crap that Jim's braggin look whos doin it now. YOU!!! I dont see him post anything about his ride no more cuz of you guys jump all over his case about every little detail involved. I mean c-mon i respect the guy hes runnin the same engine me and muh girl are and about to break 11's. Thats a damn good accomplishment if u ask me. 11's in a V6. 9's just seem a lil farther away for you man. I aint dissin ya or nuthin but Prove Me Wrong and LET YOUR CAR DO THE TALKIN NOW!!!! Sc-Ya

Jayson

Jayson,
Apparently you haven't been around very long, so I'll explain a little of past history. Jim went for over a year bragging about his car when it wasn't even running. EVERYday we'd see new posts and most were just 'trash' and then he'd start fighting with everyone. He even made death threats against some ex-members. That's why the majority of us left. We got tired of hearing about it constantly. Sorry, I don't give a phuch if he runs 10s with his trunk full of lead, I'm not going to forget what happend for all those months.

Plus, Jim himself has done only a part (not sure how big, but I know it's rather small) in the overall success of his car. Jim Sr. and Bob Johnson are the ones that did it. Me, I've done everything for my car and it's not faster because I drive it 25k a year. And I mean everything. I painted it, I bored the block, I did the valve job, I ported the heads.. etc etc. If it breaks, it causes major problems for me. Not patting myself on the back. just explaining the attitude problem we had. I've had my car for over 4 years and rarely say anything about it.

Later,
Steve

P.S. Jim has never (well maybe once) given correct technical help to anyone. Just bragging. I found something that works, I share. The only thing I'm not giving out is my cam specs. :)

Ok you have a point... I havent been around that long i have only had my car for lil over a year now so no i havent seen all those posts about death threats i just dont understand when i started talking about it that every1 jumped all over my case about supportin him and everything instead of explaining like you did to me what he has done. Last year my girlfriend got involved in the boards and she tried repetedly to tell every1 to stay away from Mike Colgan and then we see posts of how he has ripped off every1 for parts and this and that and Dont Buy from Mike Colgan. Shyt all they had to do is listen to us when we were tryin to help you guys out so why dont you guys be a fellow Scer and listen to what we have to say about things on here. I mean i have no problem with anyone on this board it just seems like there is a kliq around here and basically we arent involved in that Kliq so when i say something about someone it just gets overlooked like we are jacka$$' ya know. Now that someone has explained it to me i might understand why all the aggression towards him. Maybe next time someone will be so nice as to tell me whats going on before they start jumping down my throat when i dont know what the hell is going on. Thanks for informing me Steve. I hope everyone will be as cool as you and help the younger SCers out there. Sorry for the long post but trying to get involved with the Kliq out there.

Jayson

P.S. As for the 9 second run, I aint sayin it aint gonna be done, but how are u gonna diss somebody for sayin they are gonna run 11's when your tryin to say your runnin 9's. Get me a time slip and then you prove my a$$ wrong. Till then you aint prove to me nothin!

no "aggression", its just fun throw $hit at the fan:D , then you sit and wait for him to go on and on about his BJ buddy

9 sec run on hold, we are gonna redo it to run for 7's "the quickest and fastest SC on the planet". Really I am, as soon as I get my Hyundai Sport type "S" SC going, we will be running a Hyundai preped SC engine (modified ford 3.8 with Hyundai internals). It should be good for about 986HP and 1,265TQ the best part is the 10 year warrenty. I should have just went with the Hyundai engine but I wanted to do it with the ford 3.8 and no nos. That and the 89 just couldnt take the power generated by the 2.0 hyundai mill. Anyways after my 7 sec run I will start selling my Hyundai preped 3.8. See you at the track

Anybody know if Jim sold his Cobra? Or whoevers Cobra it was? I thought I saw it in the classifieds a while back.

Oh... and Jayson, if you really need help with your car, check out

ThunderBird SuperCoupe Ethusiast Club (TBSCEC)

That's where most of the 'old' SCCoA members are. Some of us come by here occasionally, but honestly, I don't have the time to answer many of the questions on here. Some have been posted 100,000,000 times before. :)

Oh... and you know of Mr. Colgan too? He's rippin' people off again!!! :eek: Grrr.. I had a run in with him 2 1/2 years ago over a pair of seats. I finally met him in Carlisle to get them since he spent the money I sent and couldn't ship them. Loser pretty much all the way around if he's done it again. Oh well.. maybe someone will kick his as$ someday.

There aren't really any "cliques" around here. A lot of the people who post on all of the Tbird boards have met each other at one point or another by attending meets, functions, races, and other get-togethers. Putting a real person behind the screen names does a lot for credibility. Hopefully you will keep your SC and attend some meets over the next several years. A lot of us are lifetime SC'ers so you'll run into us sooner or later.

Cheers!

This What Im Talkin Bout FINALLY....

Finally i get some people talkin to me on here. Normally when i ask a question or post something it just gets overlooked like WTF is this kid talkin about! I mean yea i dont know to much and b4 i do somethin to my ride i want some input to back me up b4 i spend my money on it. I am only 19 had the 94 for a yr and a half and finally now i get to talk to some people. My Sc isnt goin ne where at all. It will be with me forever. I was at Carlisle this yr. I met Diddy(PDennis91) and some TCCoA dude. But now i finally have somethin to look forward to this yr. I hope to continue to chat with everyone on here. And if u are on aol just drop me a line my s/n is Muh94Sc everything else was taken so i got that. Anywho sorry for startin shyt but people should really fill us younger SCers out ya know. Sc-Ya

Ooooopz i almost forgot about Mike Colgan f**k him . He lives 5 mins from me and starts shyt 24/7. He will get his if he ever comes near me..

Jayson
Is anyone goin to Carlisle this yr if so i will be there prolly with the 35th again. It won first place last yr. Peace guys!

I never had a problem with Mike Colgan. I bought his car (yes, Assclown the one with the stickers) and he was straight up about it, even let us stay the night when we got there and the uhaul place was closed. Everything he said about this car has been accurate. Don't know what he's done to anyone else but he's alright by me.

Back