'03 Cobra wheels on SC

ponysc

I doubt it, (for hub change over reasons) but has anyone put the '03 Cobra wheels on their SC?

Does anyone have adobe photoshop that can quickly show what this would look like on a black SC?

Thanks guys!

Chris

Last edited:
Chris, I think they would look good on an SC, but they don't have quite enough rear-spacing for a 9-inch wheel to under our cars. They are 5.95" rear-spacing, roughly +24 mm offset. Generally, for best fit without tire rubbing, +32 to +36 on a 9" fits best under our cars. Maybe some of the replica wheel sellers will bring them out in +35 like the Cobra R knock-offs ... they are making the copies already for the Mustang fitments. The OE Ford machined-finish wheels look better in person than in photographs, and I just sold a set of the chrome ones to a member of one of the local Mustang clubs ... the chrome version rims are really sweet. :D

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I didn't think about the backspacing, I guess I assumed if Bullitt wheels will fit on an XR7 with out sticking out or rubbing then the cobra wheels would also, maybe the bullitt wheels are less than 9" wide, which I didn't think of....

I saw a set of stock take-offs on ebay for less than 200 U.S.... auction wasn't over yet though, just got me thinking...

I appreciate the info, I'd like to see if they're going to make them with our offset, or if they'll accidentally<sp? fit. I'll look around and see if I can find someone who'll let me measure.

Chris

The original equipment Bullitt wheels are only 8" wide, so they will squeeze under a Bird with a Mustang offset.

cheers
Ed N.

Back