Air Bags and Lowering Springs

fastsc92

Will rear airbags still fit inside lowering springs? I want to get some bags in the springs to stop most of my wheelhop, but i think i'm going to go lower with my bird. Will the bags still fit inside??

I have Air Lift bags in both my SC's and they were each lowered with H&R springs.
No Problems at all.

did those bags help at all? How did it change the ride quality? I want to get more traction at the track, and i dont know if these are even worth it. I have a 5 speed if that makes a difference.

My auto car has zero wheelhop with the airbags, but I have yet to really play around with the pressures in the 5-speed and see if they cure the wheelhop.
The ride quality is still really good even with quite a bit of pressure in them.

With Eibach 1" springs and 10psi in the bags, it took about 80% of the hopping away. PolyUrethane IRS bushings and new/good lower control arm bushings will take care of alot too. I had horrendous wheelhop when the bushings in the lower arm were gum.

I put in steel IRS mounts and all new rear OEM bushings, still no difference, the biggest difference was urethane rear bar bushings and custom made urethane shock mounts. Still if you launch even with a little hop, it'll jitter away till you let off the gas or until you shift.

AsScLoWn said:
Still if you launch even with a little hop, it'll jitter away till you let off the gas or until you shift.

That parts true. Once it starts hammering... it pretty much keeps on till you letup. I've noticed with mine that I can at least launch hard without it hammering. In the rain.. it's useless. But at least I can launch on dry roads harder. Clutch slippage is key. ;) With the worn out pieces, it would start hopping at about 75% of what it can take now.

Back