My 94 is really acting weird

Dereks94sc

I have lurked here for about a year and now i have had some problems with my 94sc, I have solved everything else that has gone on with it just by reading what you guys have written. Well here we go.

1. I had to replace the alternator and I took the upper tube off. When I resealed it the boost is now pegged at 15lbs of boost, or more. This has me worried cuz it has the stock exhaust, cats?

2. The past few days I have smelled gas in my car but didnt know what it was from, I looked under my car about ten minutes ago and gas was leaking everywhere from the tank, it looks like it is coming from the top of the tank. Burst fuel line? It still runs fine but every once in a while it will buck a little when i am first getting off the line, barely on it.

3. Just recently my radiator cap is steaming when its running and sometimes it will leak, more like shoot out from under the cap. The cap is going to be replaced soon cuz maybe thats all it is.

Any help would be appreciated

1.) Did you drop something in the IC or tube that might be blocking it? That's the only thing that could have happened from the tube itself. Could just be clogged cats that coincidently happened at the same time.

2.) Leak from the top of the tank is probably the oring on the pump/sender unit. Has the fuel pump been replaced recently?

3.) Ahhh.... wweeellll... errrr... is it bubbling in the overflow? If it is... say b-bye to the head gaskets. If it's just leaking around the cap, the rubber seal on the cap or the spring inside could be bad. Get a new cap and see. A $10 cap is alot easier than a head gasket job.

Well, I made sure to not get anything into the IC or tube. It might be the cats is all I can think. It is the original exhaust system and it has 91,000 miles so thats my best guess.

Its not bubbling in the overflow tank, just the rad cap and its getting worse. So I think its just the cap, gonna pick one up tomorrow.

As for the fuel system it is all stock. The only thing I can think is that when I got my oil changed at valvoline they checked my diffi fluid at the same time. Could they have knocked something loose or broken anything?

its my daily driver so I need the info asap, thanks guys

Driving home from work one day I stoped at a light and all I could smell was gas. Took it to the shop, droped the tank one of the hose had a pin hole in it. When I step on the gas fuel would spray everywhere. I replaced the hose and it is fine till today.

Maybe you have the same problem.

update
The whole radiator thing was just a bad cap.

Still dont know why my boost is so high

Found the problem with my fuel. There are 3 steel lines coming around the gas tank and the third one up has a small rubber hose about two and a half inches up. It has a pretty big slice in it and is spraying everywhere. Is there a way to change it without dropping the tank. Does anyone have a diagram that I could see? Does anyone know what the part # might be????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With regard to the fuel line, that is exactly what I mentioned in my earlier post. On my car I HAD to drop the tank to replace the hose.

Back