PDA

View Full Version : guys please...help...whistle noise whenever i press the gas

red Supercoupe
12-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Just happend recently, I have a 90 SC. Now for some strange reason, whenever i press the gas, there is this whistle noise. It happens whenever i go above 40 MPH. Also the whistle noise goes off when i let off the gas no matter how fast i am going.
Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Red Thunder SC
12-15-2002, 08:43 PM
sounds like you may have a vacuum leak, especially maybe from a SC tube.

red Supercoupe
12-16-2002, 05:35 AM
how EXACTLY do you check for a vacuum leak and ways to fix a leak?
Thanks

cudaz101
12-16-2002, 07:02 AM
Do a very thorough visual inspection...Start reaching out and touching hoses and finding both ends...Cycle your throttle body while doing your visual...

Lotta possabilities here, Check your Boost gauge to see if the vacum appears to be normal at idle and acceleration...Should turn out to be an easy fix for ya...

If you still can't narrow it down yourself, your next reply should be in much more detail so we can better help ya...

Good luck

007_SuperCoupe
12-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Easiest way to check is to use carb cleaner and spray it around the joints of the IC tubes. Mine was whistling about 3 weeks ago and it was my lower IC tube. Same type of whistling. It shouldn't affect engine performance right now, but fix it soon, because it will.

red Supercoupe
12-18-2002, 05:09 PM
thanks for the reply guys. For some reason, the whistling stopped. I did not do anything. But I will try to visually inspec and use the cleaner. How can i patch up a leak?