'93 SC engine help please

RGuy

I recently finished installing my rebuilt engine in my '93 SC. Everything seems to be OK, but I think I'm having a problem with what feels like ignition timing. The engine feels weak and when I give it gas to raise the RPMs, it seems to be slow and kind of lazy. When I rev the engine, it's slow like it's dragging or lazy. When I let off the gas, the RPMs kind of hover before it slowly begines to drop. I check and rechecked the cam sensor, per Dr. Fred's instructions and all is well...I'm guessing. I disabled the spark advance and verified the timing is at 10 deg. BTC at idle. When I enable spark advance, the timing goes to about 20 deg. BTC at idle.

The engine idles smooth, doesn't run hot, and it's pulling about 20 on vac.

I verified the spark plug wires are connected correctly. What else can it be???

oh, the fans are running all the time even when I first crank the car in the mornings.

what am I missing????

please help.

Thanks.

Codes?

Have you ran any codes? You never mentioned a check eng. light, but thought I would ask...

Not too long ago I had a bad TPS, and the car was VERY lazy and sluggish...But it would idle fine, although a cold start was rough, if it was warm it wouold start normal and behave normal other than performance...My cruise control was all whacked as well...Then again i had a code as well as a light...

cheers

Back