tranny slipping plz help identify

loadedsc

This only happens in the morning, or when my car has been sitting for a while, but the tranny slips like crazy! Its a five speed and the whole car shakes if i dont rev the car high when putting it into first. After drving the car for 5 min or so the problem starts to go away and after 10 min its pretty much gone. Is it my clutch? or could it be something to do with the hydrolics? I'm only 18 and trying to teach myself about cars and don't know if it is the clutch or not. If any of you could tell what the problem is by how it goes away when the car warms up that would be great; and if not maybe i could be more specific.

Thanks
Darragh O'Carroll

try bleeding the unit

I had a problem like that on a nissan yeah I know rice, but it was air bubble in clutch fluid line.

I am also 18 years old and have a problem with my transmission slipping, except my car is an automatic. I'm planning on changing the transmission fluid this weekend: I think that will fix it. I really don't know what could be wrong with your car though. I just thought I'd say hi because of the similarities between us. :D Anyway...

I'm also trying to learn more about cars, and God knows there is a lot to learn, especially about our cars. I've been at it for a while though, so stick with. It comes to you. I would recommend getting your hands on some past issues of Chargin' Thunder, SCCoA's newletter. You will find a wealth of valuable information there.

If you need any help with your car in the future, feel free to e-mail me. I'll see if I can help you out. E-mail is tbird_corey@hotmail.com.

Good luck with your tranny problem!!!!
Corey

Back