need a new clutch....

storey

my clutch needs to be replaced and i want something better than stock so i figured i would go with centerforce. i had a few questions:

where is a good place to buy a centerforce clutch?

will a 94-95 sc clutch fit on a 93sc? i read somewhere that the 94-95 clutches have better holding power due to they are 11 1/2in and the 93's are 11in.

thanks

storey

The shop that installed mine bought it directly from Centerforce but all the performance parts catalogs, Jegs, Summitt, etc., carry them. The 94/95 clutch is bigger but you'll need to get a 94/95 flywheel as well. You might as well go with the Centerforce. Be sure to resurface the flywheel, replace the slave cylinder, and grease the pilot bearing.

will a 90 clutch fit a 95 motor? to the best of my knowledge i have the orginal tranny still, but a 95 motor in my car.

thanks,
jeff

Mike Puckett said:
The shop that installed mine bought it directly from Centerforce but all the performance parts catalogs, Jegs, Summitt, etc., carry them. The 94/95 clutch is bigger but you'll need to get a 94/95 flywheel as well. You might as well go with the Centerforce. Be sure to resurface the flywheel, replace the slave cylinder, and grease the pilot bearing.

Sorry Mike, but you're wrong. The 11.5" clutch will fit on the same flywheel. I am 100% totally absolutely positive this will work as I have done it. The flywheel is the same, only the clutch disc and pressure plate are different.

The 11.5" CF II will hold the same as a 11" Dual Friction with a lighter pedal. Mine feels almost like stock.

Later,
Steve

Oh Ok, my mistake. I thought that the hole pattern for the pressure plate was bigger on the 95 to accomodate the larger diameter. When I got mine 4 years ago I don't think Centerforce made the 11.5". I've got the original clutch from my 94 crate motor and will probably use it next time instead of buying another CF.

????

MAybe it was just my car, but I wanted to install a dual friction in my 94 so I bought one and I could not get the thing to go into 1st without fighting it. So i had to take out the dual friction and go with the one for the 94 the centerforce 2. so maybe its just my car. but the earlier clutch did not work in my car. plus it was way havier. Just my .02cents

Back