Door ajar light???

clickster34

For the last coupe of months I have had the door ajar idiot light glowing in my face even though both doors are completely shut and the interior lights are off. I already checked both door swithces and they seemed to be ok. I must have a short somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look first. Sometimes I also get a single chime (like the one if you leave your lights on) when I'm driving, it is usually when I step on the brake pedal. I was thinking this could be caused from the same short. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Scott.

I've got the same problem with mine... It didn't do it when I bought it. It started doing it a few hours later... go figure.

Anyways... I'll get if figured out.. and when I do, I will let you know what I did to fix it.

The actual switch for the "Door Ajar" switch is on the door latch itself, not the dome light switch in the door jamb that I believe you are looking at. To get to it you have to remove the door panel. You should be able to trace two wires going into the latch mechanism. I was too lazy to fix the switch on my base T-Bird so I just unplugged the switch.

My wifes door ajar light was on in her SHO. It was on for about 3 months till the bulb finally blew. FIXED now. Wouldn't have been that simple if it were my truck or my SC. Oh well

just my $.02 Worth
Tim

Back