split fire spark plugs??

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
my friend got some split fire spark plugs for his sc....they're not any type of platinium or iridium blahblah plugs, just look like old-school spark plugs with a little fork for the spark to jump to....before i put the engine back together, i want to have some other opinions on the things. if it were my car, i wouldn't do it...what about you guys??? thnks

DrFish

I had them...

I had them in one of my SC's and pulled them out after 8K miles and they looked OK when I pulled them...They came in the car when I got it and the eng. only had 800 miles on it...I was having problems at high RPM's so I finally decided to pull them. The Dumba$$ had them all gapped from 62-69...I could not believe what I had found...But the plugs did look OK far as color and the rest of the hardware...But 8K miles aint much...

I would go iridium, or triple plats...

cheers

that's wut i thunked

yeah, i'd put the iridiums in myself...i really don't see what the split plugs would do that's any better anyways:confused: well, i'll put them in, make double sure ;) that they're gapped right and see what happens, thanks alot guys i'm just worried about the car running right now....i'll probably end up changing the darn things in a few months :rolleyes:

DrFish

I'm in the market for Iridium plugs as I'm having a bunch of other work done and am going to use this as an excuse to upgrade the plugs and put on my Magnacors, who do you guys recommend, I can't seem to find Iridium plugs locally (or maybe I just need to look harder?) I'm figuring $12 a plug??

Thanks,
Paul

I bought my NGK's from NAPA for $4.99 ea. They will probably have to order them from the warehouse. Mine say TR55-1IX/7316 on the box. I don't know about the Denso's.

I've got a NAPA here so I'll go check it out... the question that I would follow with then is, if NGK Iridiums are only $4.99 ish, why are the Denso's $12.00 anyone know the difference?

Thanks,
Paul

good question...

i'd research it now..but i'm deadbeat tired...anyone finds out, please post! i'm gonna get some spark plugs soon i dink.

DrFish

Back