anyone had to drive with open headers?

tondog

i just drove my car from a shop to my house. its about 2 miles. i have ported and polished heads and kooks jet hot coated headers. i cant believe how incredibly freakin loud it is. i was on the freeway going about 75 and when i would give it a little gas, i thought my teeth were gonna rattle through my head. at the few stop lights i had to wait at i felt like i was at the strip or something. i guess i got lucky i didnt get pulled over. it was pretty damn fun and exciting. its been about 7 months since ive been able to drive this thing. :D

I had to drive one of my SC's with open headers once and I totally agree with you. Very loud. Luckily I only had to drive it that way a few blocks.

I can relate. I had to drive my SC on the highway that way for about 15-20 miles. Sounded like Days of Thunder, it was awesome. I was on my way to the exhaust ship to get the new custom system after clogging the cats on the stocker.

I had to brive my SHO home 20 miles on open headers....the mid pipe fell off after a nice hard shift (barked the tires on the 2-3 shift at 60mph). It was loud, but I decided to see what it was like at 7 grand.....holy sh*t. Sound like a F1 car....high pitched screaming.

When I accidentally went off-roading in my 91 lumina, the center pipe did the same thing. Wasn't as much fun, but it was abit deeper at idle than the SHO. Start it and people across the parkng lot would look :D

hehe weirdd....

i was just thinking abou that today...weird that i got on the forum and saw someone was talking about it.....maybe i'll try it for a few minutes sometime :D

dRfISh

Ran mine

Had my h pipe off, but I didn't have an 02 sensor pluged in so it didn't run correctly

Back