Attn BlkSC

al35thsc

Around here in the REAL world, we have to obey MATHEMATICS. As far as I know, there have only been TWO, baby, count them, ONE, TWO, that have run faster 1/4 miles than myself here in the south (that post here in the So Cal board). These people are ofcourse, John and Anthony. Dyno pulls arent a thing, remember, John has the power to run 12 second 1/4 miles all day, but he is having issues getting all that massive ammount of power to the floor. Just do me one favor Ron, submit a timeslip to Mr Ron D. at scguys@sccoa.com to place you on the list and see where it compares to mine. As you can see, I'm in the 74th posistion (last I checked) wonder where your 15.6 will be placed, above or below my 15.4.

Al:rolleyes:

In a heads up race your daughter Nikki beat me due to a foul start on my part. That's all I will admit to :cool: . Wether who's car is faster in the quarter mile, let the time slips stand as proof alone, cant beat the facts!

Al

If this keeps up...

We may have to find a desolate chunk of road (there are plenty in Riverside cnty) and let you guys hammer this out. Can you guys hold it together until Jan? I'm really anxious to see this happen but not all that anxious to lose my standing...(which I know I will!) I hope to better my time but not by the 1sec+ that I expect from some of you.

Anthony

Honestly, If I cant get this POS transgo to hold d and not let it go into od, i wont run any time soon.

Al

Ditto...

If for some strange reason you ended up way the hell out here, the garage is all yours...it'll give me an excuse to fire up the smog mobile.

Anthony

Last edited:
Appreciate it guys. Mike's and just about everyone else with the
Transgo on an aod'ed SC that see's 4200+ rpm's in d have had them go into od. Just a bug that needs to be talked to with the engineers from Transgo. Luckily they are in El Monte and will be getting a call/visit from me about the claims they make.

Its not as simple as taking parts out Ron, there are holes drilled into the actual valve body. Its a modified valve body, not a new cast like the Lentech.

Al

You two still at it ? Man i just finished finals.. now maybe i can actually work on my car

I hear that finals thing Carlos, if ya need help u know the number!...and ron just suffers from Cant-Hand-Alex_His_Ass_Disorder, he'll get over it once he recognizes I am and will ALWAYS be faster than that ugly car of his ;)

Al

Love the spirit of the group. Man i've been actually paying off bad debt in preparation for a house, and i can wait til its over. I wont have any real spending cash for a short while. Hows the carlsbad thing looking ?

Stupid question

Al,
What rear gears do you have that you are concerned about hitting OD from D at 4200rpm? Just ignorantly curious here. Through the traps I am coming up on red line in 3rd with 2.73's and 225/55/16's at ~92mph. I know you are faster than me but THAT much, or is this just a design problem you want fixed? I agree that it is a problem (I think OD at WOT is a problem regardless) but is it a detrement to your 1/4 mile performance is what I am after here.

Anthony

Its not going into od at the track that btohers me, its going into od at wot that scares the crap out of me; its my daily driver and that includes highway miles. Through the traps I dont really see a problem with it as it usually occurs at speeds of 100+ and if I think I had the potential at trapping that, I'd have a lentech :)

Al

Anthony,
It's a design problem inherent with the Transgo shift kit in an AOD. My car does the same thing (shifts form D to OD while in the drive position) and it really killed my peak HP on my dyno runs. It shifted at 4250 into OD while my horsepower was still going up, I should have made about 240HP. Until I get it fixed it will kill my (as well as Al's) 1/4 mile times.

Mike

I'm halfway there?

A good idiot never knows when to shut up so here I go! With 3.27's at 4250rpm you should be at 99 mph with 225/55/16 in D. 3.55's yeild 92mph and with 3.73's you'd be at 87mph so can I assume you guys have one of the latter two? I'm not trying to be an arse here, I really just want to reduce my own moron coefficient...it's dangerously high these days! I do understand this as a design fault and think you guys should be at the office whinning until they make it right but I am trying to understand the implications of the problem at a track...sorry

Anthony

Hey Anthony,

As far as I know, Mike and I are stockers on the 8.8 autos so we are 3.27's. Like I said, and Mike explained, to me its more of a safety thing with me NOT wanting to have to drive in 3rd all the way from Carlsbad and also we basically lose our max hp without being able to get that high in 3rd.

Al

Back